The North Brooklyn Parks Alliance Horticultural Fellowship is a twelve-week volunteer program with special opportunities and perks: horticultural skill building in our nursery and seed plots, training in data collection and identification using iNaturalist, and experience managing volunteers at stewardship events. This program is ideal for high school graduates, college students, or individuals seeking to add horticultural experience to their resumes. As a Fellow you will:
- Volunteer weekly at Under the K Bridge Park on Fridays for 5 hours (~50 hours total over a 12 week period).
- Be encouraged to attend and assist with 5 weekend stewardship events.
- Join NBK Parks staff as guests for professional development opportunities and special events, like the Annual Fall Gala.
- Receive a certificate upon successful completion of the program; you may be offered letters of recommendation or consideration for future horticultural positions.
- Spring Fellowship is from April 1 – June 30; Fall Fellowship is from October 15 – December 15.
To apply, interested applicants should email email@example.com with subject NBPA Horticultural Fellowship including a cover letter responding to the following prompts: What do you hope to learn as a NBParks Horticultural Fellow? How does this align with your prior experience and career goals? Include any other information you feel would be relevant to securing your position. Resumes are encouraged but not required. Please include at least one reference with an email and phone number. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, but we will not take on more than 4 fellows at a time.
Garden Club: Open Volunteer
- Join our regular volunteer gardening sessions at Under the K Bridge Park, McGolrick, Park, and Bushwick Inlet Park. Learn how to identify native and invasive species, propagate and transplant plants from our nursery, pull weeds, care for trees, and connect with your neighbors in the process. Led by Lisa Bloodgood, NBK Parks Director of Horticulture and Stewardship and our garden experts. — >> Sign Up Today!